Sunday, April 19, 2009

Walk MS 2009


What a beautiful day for a fund raising walk. My family and I just completed the 4 mile fundraising Walk MS 2009 put on by the National MS Society. I raised over $350 in donations, most of which came from High School friends I have reconnected with on Facebook! I feel very loved.


I was officially told I was graced with this disease in 2000 after a long bought of severe dizziness, to the point I was falling out of the shower, down stairs and just by simply turning around while walking or standing. Since then, I have lost the vision in my right eye, thanks to optic neuritis (it has 99% returned), have severe muscle "cramping" and a continued weakness on my right side. Luckily, these are all things I can live with and continue to lead a fairly normal life. There are many afflicted with this disease that are not that lucky. It was for those that I walked.

1 comment:

Annette M. said...

Debbie you are truly amazing! I dearly love the Choctaw Elbow basket you made for me for the WW swap and now upon learning that you have MS, and can do all this beautiful weaving in spite of it, it has an extra special meaning. Never again will I talk myself out of a weaving project because "I'm too tired" or whatever the excuse of the day is!