Monday, April 27, 2009

Great Weekend

I spent the weekend in a very pretty little town of Vernon, Connecticut at the 100th Conn Sheep and Wool Association Fiber Festival. Now, I have not been to many fiber fests, but this one seemed very nice, not too big or too small. Christa Hobson, of Aisling Yarns, and I set up our booth on Friday night, enjoyed a good night sleep and hoped for a day of good sales on Saturday. Good sales we did have.
So, I had to do my part to ensure the other vendors had a good day too, after all, it's only fair! Now I did not buy ALL of this, some was a birthday gift from my parents (the swift and ball winder). I turned 36 on Sunday the 26th. I LOVE my sheepy mug, too cute.
This, however, was my favorite purchase!!! I found my Sonata!!! And with some of the pretty purple, mohair blend roving I bought....
I've started this. I love the way this wheel spins, so smooth. And it looks so pretty in this picture with the Flowering Almond just starting to bloom in the background. Makes my think I may either find or dye my own pinks to ply it with. Did not think I was going to find color inspiration while staging a photo! I guess it just shows you can find inspiration anywhere, anytime. Enjoy the beautiful weather, get outside and spin, knit, crochet, weave, or just sit!

4 comments:

bspinner said...

We have matching mugs. I think I got mine at the Maryland Sheep And Wool. Love your pretty light purple yarn.

cyndy said...

Congrats on the Sonata!

Glad you did well in Connecticut!

Life Looms Large said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Great gifts.....already producing beautiful yarn!!

SUe

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Congratulations on a great day in sales, and happy belated birthday! I have something fun for you to pick up on my blog.
Blessings,
Nancy