Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

As the sun rises on this, the first day of 2009, I am forced to look back at the happenings of '08.
The year began uneventfully, my husband, son and in laws all had their snowmobile trips planned and were anxiously awaiting the departure dates. On the eve of one such trip, a poor, elderly man with much of his mind stolen by age wandered into our basement at the wee hours of the morning. It was a freezing night and he had nothing more than a pair of pants and a dress shirt on, bedroom slippers were his shoes. He met me at my basement door around 7am and as I was shocked and terrified to find someone had broken into our home, I was also heartbroken by this poor man. He made me thankful for the family I have, and made me vow to take whatever steps neccesary to keep them safe (sorry mom and dad, you may be committed!).

Spring arrived with an onsought of Easter Basket orders that threw me into such a panick and stress that it brought on a relapse of my MS. With my back in spasms that would not relent even to some heavy drugs I forged onward...we had a wedding shower to plan.

In May, my sister in law married a wonderful man and we inherited two wonderful nieces. It was a glorious day, perfect weather and a wonderful time was had by all!

Summer was filled with camping trips and craft shows. My business was growing and so were the kids. It is amazing how things happen when we are not even looking! My son was starting to read and getting ready to start school. My daughter was starting the potty training process,

Fall arrived with the weekend frenzy of craft shows, business was so good I could barely weave fast enough to keep up the inventory and fill orders. Griffin started school with a smile on his face and Machaella was beginning to start skipping naps. My babies are growing up so fast, even thinking of it now brings tears to my eyes!

Winter brought sleighrides, snowmen, snowmobiles and get togethers with friends.

I want to thank all those who supported me over the year with the building of my business, I am finally making a profit!!! My family, you know who you are, for the ideas, push and drive (and for buying baskets!!!) Mom, for always making me believe in myself. Dad, for the encouragement. Ryan, for your never ending support behind the scenes, I could not have done it with out you.

This year I will do more and do better. I will be a better wife and mother, daughter and daughter in law. I will make more time for friends. Ryan, for you, I vow to clean up my reed and not let the rat's nest spread around the house.

And...I will spin. My baskets have enabled me to buy my first wheel. Now I just need to decide what kind of wheel I want.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: