Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Baby, it's cold outside.."

Wow, are we in a deep freeze. I woke up this morning to a thermometer that read -9 degrees. Now that's cold! It's not neccesarily a bad thing though, it's gotten my creative juices flowing again after a holiday burn out.

A large pot of an old family favorite of Polish Chicken Soup should warm the body and soul tonight. Plus it is making the house smell wonderful!

I have pulled, from my stockpile, some project I would like to complete this week. Some wonderful patterns and kits I have collected. Plus some new gourds that need to be cleaned and dealt with. I ordered these from the Welburn Gourd Farm in California. My gourds are still drying in the barn and will not be ready until mid summer. I'll deal with them then.

And I finally got my rear in gear and used some of the wonderful yarn I have been collecting. I've completed one sock, a simple, single crochet pattern that I added a little ruffle edge to. At least one of my feet will be warm and happy now!
Now I have to get to work on the rest of it. Laundry is waiting as well.
Enjoy and stay warm.









2 comments:

Tammy said...

Awesome sock Deb!!! Congrats!

corry said...

thanks for your visit, i followed the link back so i find yours. I love the sock and the soup looks delicious!