Monday, March 16, 2009

Some Blogging Fun

OK, this is WAY overdue, I know. Of the many hats I wear (mother, wife, volunteer, weaver, teacher, etc, etc) I have only worn one the past two weeks, that of mother. There has been a really nasty bug floating around Northeast PA and my two children both caught it. They were running high (104.8) fevers, even with meds, for almost 2 weeks. As it was viral, all we could do was cuddle on the couch together. Now that they are better, life can return to normal and I can pull all the other hats out of the closet.



I think I may have mentioned this one other time...but I have MS, multiple sclerosis. I am very lucky that, for the most part, it does not effect my daily life. My stress level right now is so high that I have been forced to back out of some prior commitments and have been told to learn how to say "NO".



But, then I read this blog written by my Aunt Tammy, Treadleworks by Tammy. There is a link belowin my blog list. She was talking about paying it forward, this was not something I could say no to! Therefore....





To "borrow" some wording from my Aunt...

Here's how Pay It Forward works:I've signed up with Treadleworks by Tammy and committed to send the next 3 people who sign up here with me on my blog a hand-made item and goodie package within 365 days.By accepting my invitation, YOU agree to Pay it Forward to the next 3 people who sign up with you, on your blog, and send them something within 365 days.Want to join the fun, create some positive energy, a Blessing and Pay It Forward?The first 3 people to leave me a blog comment, telling me they would like to Pay It Forward is in!I will leave you a comment on your blog and you let you know if you are one of the three and then we will go from there.

Sounds like fun, doesn't it? And the prospect of a "gift" showing up, unexpectedly, anyday over the next year almost stirs up childlike giddiness! What a wonderful thing to look forward to, both the giving and receiving. How could you say no?!

So, how bout it? Who will be the first to sign up and "Pay it Forward"?

1 comment:

Life Looms Large said...

Hi!

Not ready to sign up for Pay it Forward, but did want to pop over and say hi!

Your baskets are beautiful!! Being the dabbler that I am, I've made a few baskets....but not for a long time now. I usually think of it as a summer thing - since I get kind of soggy when I make baskets - so I try to make them outside. But you must make them inside....

Must not get distracted and dig out my basket stuff this minute!! Your work is inspiring though!

Sue