Monday, November 3, 2008

Where does the time go?


This past week we celebrated my daughter's 3rd birthday. The day was cold and miserable, most people around us were getting snowed on, yes, in October! It made me think back to the day she was born and how beautiful it was. It was a very warm monday morning when I arrived at the hospital, with my husband, to bring our little girl into the world. I was only wearing short sleeves (and I am ALWAYS cold). What a difference three years can make.

We had a scheduled C-section and everyone was calm and relaxed, very much unlike the birth of my son. I remember talking with the anesthesiologist as they were doing my spinal, which I was terrified of. His name was Michael and as we knew we were having a girl and had our name picked out already, he was joking how we named her after him. It very much lightened the mood and got me through it. The surgery was quick and uneventful and then we caught our first glimpse of her, how beautiful! She looked just like her brother!!!! We were overjoyed that day and everyday since. With her addition to our family and our little prince at home, we now had the perfect family.

My children are the love of my life. Yes they are challenging at times, and there are times I really wonder what I am doing, but on days like this I cherish those trying times. The times goes too quickly and as we sat last night watching my now 6 year old son reading to the family, I got tears in my eyes. They are growing up too fast, I want to just scoop them up and hold on to them, stop them from getting bigger, stop them from needing Mommy less and less. I know the day will come when they will grow and leave our home to start their own lives, but I am going to prolong that as long as possible. The time will come way too quickly.

I love you two!!!!!!

No comments: